J74 Progressive - A tool set for Chord Progression and Harmonic Editing
J74 Progressive is a tool set for chord progression making and harmonic editing in Ableton Live (Max for Live). Progressive works by modelling composition techniques (e.g. diatonic method) and performance styles (arpeggio, humanized timing and dynamics) and is capable of producing extremely realistic chord progressions and arpeggios, directly as MIDI clips in Ableton Live Session view. Besides the chord progression editor, Progressive also includes tools for scale and chord detection and for MIDI clip harmonization (scale based transposition).
- MIDI Chord Progression Editor for building chord progressions, arpeggio's and various harmonic evolutions directly as MIDI clips.
- Intuitive user interface which closely recalls the one used in sequencers
- Any scale (40+ available), any key, any octave
- Progressions editing with per chord selection among triads, 7th, 9th (Add2), 11th (7 Sus4) and 13th (Sixth) chord shapes
- Options for insertion of borrowed chords and accidentals
- Automatic chord inversion (keyboard range selectable)
- Several performance modes (hold down chords, arpeggio styles, humanized timing and dynamics, guitar striking emulation)
- Free editable arpeggio patterns, including possibility for syncopation
- Humanize timing and dynamics by subtle fluctuations
- Results delivered as standard MIDI clips in your Ableton Live tracks
- MIDI Clip Modifier adapt an existing MIDI clip (or MIDI clip selection) to a selected scale and apply dynamics.
- Works on existing MIDI clips you recorded or imported
- Adapts the MIDI clip by selectively transposing notes not fitting the target scale (harmonize)
- Adds dynamics and swing to MIDI velocity and timing (humanize)
- MIDI Clip Analyzer for instantly detecting scale or chords in MIDI clips
- Scale detection works on entire MIDI clips or partial selections in a clip
- Detects Scales also if partial match is present
- Detects Root in many conditions
- Chord detection on partial selections in a clip
- Audio Analyzer for detecting notes, chords and scales in Audio feeds
- Displays notes in real time from the audio source
- Detects Scales and Chords by collecting notes
Progressive is an Ableton Live Max for Live device for Live 9 and higher.
You must have a Max for Live licence to run it and it will run properly only in Live 9 or higher (older versions of Live, such as Live 8, are not supported).
- Live 9.x or higher + Max for Live with Max 6.1.x
- Windows versions supported: 7, 8 and later
- Mac OS versions supported: 10.6.8, 10.7.x, 10.8.x and later
For more information about the toolset have a look to the detailed user manual.