J74 StepSequencer64 Groove Box
The J74 StepSequencer64 Groove Box is a collection of original devices for creative beat programming and improvisation. It features a powerful 64-step sequencer and includes, as an additional bonus, a programmable drum pattern-based box.
The set includes several device formats:
- A set of Ableton Live plugins as Max for Live MIDI devices, fully integrated in Live's workflow (Max for Live license required)
- A set of standalone MIDI applications using standard MIDI for external device or DAW integration (no licensing required in this case)
- A self contained host application with step sequencer (driving an AU or VST plugin) and drum box (audio samples). No extra license required.
- Tools for integrating the step sequencer and drum box with the APC40 (plug'n'play) or any other MIDI controller (using customized mappings)
Note: currently only the original edition of the APC40 is supported. The APC40 mk2 (as well as the other APC controllers) are not supported.
- Live 9.x or higher + Max for Live with Max 6.1.x
- Live 8.3 or higher + Max for Live with Max 5.1.9
- Standalones do not have specific version limitations.
- Windows versions supported: 7, 8 and later
- Mac OS versions supported: 10.6.8, 10.7.x, 10.8.x and later
Here StepSequencer64 Quick Guide.
Here PatDrummer Quick Guide.
For more information about the toolset have a look to the detailed User Manual.
Get the J74 StepSequencer64 Groove BoxThe J74 StepSequencer64 Groove Box is available for purchase at the price of $12 (USD), including all devices/plugins part of the set. Standalones comes for both Mac (10.7 Lion) and Windows (Vista and 7). Ableton Live M4L devices require a Max for Live license.
The full package can be purchased using the buy button below. Once your order will be completed you will get a download link through the Paypal confirmation page.
J74 StepSequencer64 Groove Box DemoYou can try the J74 StepSequencer64 Groove Box before purchasing it. Click here for downloading the all-in one standalone demo (the GrooveBox) and here for downloading the standalone MIDI StepSequencer64 demo.
The following limitations apply to the Demo:
- No Max for Live versions
- No PatDrummer MIDI standalone version
- Standalone StepSequencer64 cannot export/write sequences (only import/read)
- Standalone StepSequencer64 has all Copy/Paste actions disabled
- Standalone StepSequencer64 does not support MIDI sync IN
- Standalone StepSequencer64 has only one envelope (CC#1)
- Standalone StepSequencer64 has pitch probabilistic modifiers using only scale type "major"
- Standalone GrooveBox64 cannot export/write sequences and pattern banks (only import/read)