J74 AuNetTools - A tool set for audio/MIDI/sync network communication in Ableton Live
J74 AuNetTools is a set of Ableton Live / Max for Live devices and standalone applications enabling audio and MIDI communication between computers across a TCP/IP network. By using these devices it is possible to collaborate with other musicians using several computers on a Local Area Network.
The set includes:
- Ableton Live / Max for Live devices for sending and receiving audio across the network
- Ableton Live / Max for Live devices for sending and receiving MIDI and Live transport/sync across the network
- Standalone applications for sending and receiving audio and MIDI to/from computers across the network.
Notes and Limitations:
- A Max for Live license is required to be able to use the AuNetTools devices.
- Only the 32bits versions of Ableton Live / Max for Live are currently supported.
- On Windows systems Quick Time is required (free download from Apple.com).
- On Windows systems auto-configuration requires Java (free download from java.com).
- The devices operate at their best on low network latency conditions (20 ms or below).
- Standalone audio send device can only pickup audio from your soundcard set of inputs (Live version can pickup any audio in Live).
- Live 9.x or higher + Max 6.1.x (32bits version only).
- Live 8.3 or higher + Max 5.1.9 (32bits version only).
- Standalones do not have specific version limitations or require any additional license.
If you want to know more, have a look at the J74 AuNetTools user manual here.